Injured on the Job in Arizona? What’s Next?

Injured on the Job in Arizona? What’s Next?

workers compensation attorneysBeing injured causes physical pain, but it can also cause emotional stress. If you were injured while working, you might be even more stressed or worried about what will happen with your job. Here are some helpful steps that will assist you throughout your workplace injury aftermath.

File a Workers Compensation Claim

It’s your responsibility to report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. If you were injured on the job, there is a very high possibility you’ll be awarded some form of compensation, but you have to act quickly. Waiting too long to report an injury can complicate the entire process and might result in you not getting what you deserve. Report your injury as soon as it happens to avoid missing out on possible benefits or delaying your case. Of the total compensation costs, wages and salaries make up roughly 70% and benefits make up the remaining 30%.

Contact Workers Compensation Attorneys

It’s important that you know who to contact during the aftermath of your workplace injury. Experienced workers compensation attorneys can offer you professional assistance throughout the entire process. If you try to handle your case alone or with an inexperienced attorney, you might not get what you’re entitled to. Contact the professionals to avoid any complications, and to put this case behind you as quickly as possible.

Talk to Your Attorney About Fault

In Arizona, workers compensation is a no-fault system, which means that anyone injured on the job can receive medical and financial benefits, no matter who was at fault for the workplace injury. Although this is good news for the worker, because it can often be difficult to prove fault, workers still must meet all eligibility requirements in order to receive any temporary or permanent compensation, job retraining, and medical benefits.

Know the Appeal Process

In the unfortunate event that you are unhappy with the determination of the compensation and benefits you received after the injury, you can appeal. You have 90 days from the day you received the determination regarding your claim to file a request for a hearing with the Industrial Commission. Your attorney can sign the request for a hearing as well. If you wait until the 90-day grace period to file a request for a hearing, the decision of your employer’s insurance provider regarding your claim will be rendered as final.

If you’re looking for qualified workers compensation attorneys to assist you after a workplace injury, contact the law offices of Robert E. Wisniewski today at AZHurtOnTheJob.com.